Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – Oven Baked With Egg [Video]
Normally, we have this perception that baking cookies is not possible at home. This is not true. You can certainly make much better cookies than you get in market as they are unadulterated and are made from best ingredients that you can choose on your own.
Don’t worry even if you don’t have a standalone Oven at home. These days, we get hell lot of Microwaves with a convection option. This convection basically is meant to double it up as an Oven.
If you have that Microwave with convection mode, just turn ON its bake option and follow the process shown in this video exactly the same way we have shown for standalone Oven. If you do NOT have the convection microwave, then it is not possible to do baking in this microwave.
I can say this as I have tried making these same cookies back in India using the Microwave with convection mode. You can see it in action here while i was baking veggie Pizza (I baked this Pizza using Microwave with convection mode) if you want to believe your eyes more than your head :).
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe In Words
Yield: 20-22 chocolate chip cookies
- 80 Gms (2.8 Oz) Chocolate Chips (Morels)
- 30 Gms (1 Oz) Powder Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla essence
- 80 Gms (2.8 Oz) All-Purpose-Flour (maida)
- 60 Gms (2 Oz) Salted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 55 Gms (1.9 Oz) Brown Sugar
- Note:I have taken the bigger size Chocolate Chips. You can use the smaller ones too.
- Take a bowl, add Butter, Egg and Soda. Mash Butter into small pieces with the help of a spoon and add it to same bowl. Now, blend all with a blender.
- Add Vanilla essence, Brown Sugar and powder Sugar. Blend it again.
- After 1 minute of blending, add half of All-purpose-flour.
- Blend once and then add rest of the flour. Blend once more last time for about a minute.
- Now add chocolate chips. Do NOT use blender now. Remember to save some of them aside for topping up on cookies later.
- Mix them with the help of a spoon. Cookie mixture is now ready for baking.
- We now need to pre-heat the Oven.
- You can also use the Microwave Oven (with Convection mode) and use the same process to make cookies.
- Heat it on 350 F (180 C) for 2 minutes.
- While oven is kept on pre-heat, lets grease the baking tray with butter. You can also use baking sheet instead of butter. Butter or Baking sheet helps in providing a non-sticky base to cookies.
- Once we are done with greasing, take a teaspoon-full of chocolate chip cookies mixture and place it on baking sheet as shown.
- Do NOT add large quantity of mixture in one scoop else it will make very large sized cookies.
- Top up the cookies with the some chocolate chips.
- We have only added 5 cookies in one baking dish/tray as they fluff a lot while baking.
- Don’t worry about the shape. They will automatically bake down to round shape.
- By this time, the 2 minutes of pre-heat are over. Place the baking tray in pre-heated Oven/microwave-Oven and bake for 15 minutes at same temperature.
- You can use the rest of mixture in same way to make about total of 20-22 cookies.
- After 15 minutes, switch Off the Oven and take out the baking tray.
- Cookies have baked well and they are looking delicious and mouth watering.
- But, we need to wait for 10 minutes to help them cool down a bit. After 10 minutes, you can easily pull out the Cookies.
- If you had not used Butter or Baking sheet, the Cookies would have stick themselves to the tray.
- You stand a chance of breaking the cookies away if you don’t use Butter/Baking sheet.
Chocolate Chip cookies are ready to serve with tea or coffee. Enjoy and let us know your thoughts.