Chashni is also known by various other names liquid syrup, sugar water and many more in different regions. ‘Chashni’ word is more prominently used in north India and hence we have used this name for this article.
It is very simple and easy to make. Generally there are two levels of thickness in sugar syrup measured by its strings.
We are making a 1 string thick sugar syrup. The other one i.e. 2 string thick can be made by increasing the thickness of the syrup by cooking it for longer time.
Chashni Recipe Video In Hindi With English Subtitles
Thanks and do subscribe to our youtube channel to get the latest recipe videos from inHouseRecipes.
Chashni Recipe In Words
Yield: About 1 Big size Bowl
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Cup Water
- Peel the Cardamom to bring out the seeds.
- Crush Cardamom seeds to make a powder.
- Take a big bowl, switch on the stove on high flame. Add Water.
- Add Sugar mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add cardamom powder.
- Now we need to cook it on low flame until it becomes a 1 string Sugar syrup.
- After 20 minutes of cooking on low flame, our 1 string Sugar syrup should be ready.
- To check the 1 string consistency: Take 2 drops of syrup between your index finger and thumb. Press the syrup with your finger and thumb to check the string(as shown in the video). Open the index finger and thumb opposite to each other and you will see a string of syrup coming up. The string’s thickness will define its 1 or 2 string consistency.
If the string is too light, it won’t make any string at all.
If it is showing up 1 string, then it is called 1 string consistent Sugar syrup.
If it shows up 2 strings, then it would be called as 2 string consistent Sugar syrup.
- You will be able to see the string within your fingers.
- If you want 2 string Sugar syrup than cook it for another few minutes. Than check again with the same method.
- Sugar Syrup is ready. You can use it in any recipe of your choice.
You can check out our collection of tried and tested recipes to find out the sweets where you can use this chashni.